Church at Level 2
We are looking forward to meeting again, in person, at Church this coming Sunday, 3 October! These are some procedures that will need to be followed, to comply with Covid Alert Level 2 regulations:
- Please stay home if you are sick or unwell. If you choose to worship at home you can listen to the audio recording of the sermon which will be posted to the website soon after the service.
- Please enter the church via the front door. Please scan in using the NZ COVID Tracer app, or sign in manually on the contact tracing sheet on the table at the entrance. Sunday School children sign in as usual in the hall.
- Maintain good hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be on the table at the entrance to the church.
We encourage you to wear a face covering when entering and leaving the church, but you are free to remove it while seated (like in a restaurant or café).
- Please be considerate of others and leave enough space for people to keep their distance if they want to. We encourage you to sit in your ‘bubbles’ and to leave an empty seat between bubbles.
- People attending the first service must leave promptly by the back door, so that they remain separate from the second service congregation.
In order to minimise the risk of Covid transmission:
- We will not pass around the offering bags, but you can still place your offering in the bags at the front of the church as you come in or leave. We encourage contactless donations by automatic payment or direct credit.
- We will remove the pew bibles, so please bring your own.
- We will continue to serve communion at the front of the church: the bread will be served to you using tongs, and you will help yourself to the wine.
- We will increase the spacing between rows of chairs.
- We will open the high-level windows on each side of the auditorium and have the ceiling fans operating (slowly) to improve the fresh air flow. This may mean that the auditorium is cooler than normal, so please come prepared.
We will not have tea or coffee after the service, because it is not practicable to keep a safe distance from one another in the lounge.